Friday, August 8, 2008

FRIDAY, FRIDAY,FRIDAY

A fellow blogger and close friend of mine, Tenitems.blogspot.com got carded at big box store and not for alcohol or cigarettes but for a can of AIR!! Apparently stores are now checking your ID if you want to buy a can of condensed air! Why? Apparently young children have found a way of huffing the contents for a quick buzz!

I wonder if you can get in trouble if you were buying the can of air for a minor? Kids standing outside the door giving you cash to go in and buy a can of dust remover!

What about candy bars, RedBull or Mountain Dew? I hear kids get sugar highs from those type items, we better start carding for them!

Keeping with the protect out children theme there's this from West Virginia.

A West Virginia mother is seeking a recall of a popular walkie-talkie after her 3-year-old’s toy apparently intercepted a profanity-laced conversation between truckers about drugs and strip clubs.

The Fischer-Price walkie-talkie allows children to role-play animal rescues like the Diego character does on the cartoon series “Dora the Explorer” and “Go, Diego, Go!”
The walkie-talkie is supposed to have a range of about 20 feet, but according to this West Virginia mother she heard one of the voices say he was driving on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, about 275 miles north of Huntington.

It wasn't a truck driver it was MAP. I'm the map, I'm the MAP I'm the map!

MONTAUK MONSTER UPDATE...

Splinterhead movies now claim to have the Montauk Monster. So is this an elaborate hoax to promote a movie? Stay tuned, I'll keep you updated with all the breaking news.

I still say its Alf, what do you think?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOA! Your kidding me right?! Heck- I know a guy that BEGS to be carded, makes him feel young again! lol

August 8, 2008 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

They could really market that! Fisher price hotline. Let your kids learn about sex and drugs from the streets. Rated age 4. Be careful of small plastic parts.... WHAT THE HECK! Every junior high boy I know would buy one!!!

August 8, 2008 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

Wow, that blogger friend of yours must look amazing for her age!!!!

Speaking of... I'm so glad management didn't follow me outside to the kids waiting for their air in a can!! Whew!

I agree on the Montauk Monster... If there is any corrolation to a movie promo... maybe it's that they're trying to do an ALF remake! It is about time!!!!

Great "showgram" tonight and I'm not just saying that because I'm your good friend :)

August 8, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home