Sunday, July 27, 2008

Absolutely outstanding?

Weekend observations

I'm not in my 20's anymore heck, I'm not in my 30's yet I went on a 14-mile run from Madison, Ohio to Geneva-On-The-Lake, Ohio with three guys in their 20's. I really think I'm trying to kill myself! Great run though, probably my fastest long run ever.

Did you know there is a show on "Animalplanet" which is based on the network show "Nanny 911" only this person comes in to help familes with out of control pets?

You may be asking, what's with the title, "Absolutely Outstanding!"

While watching sport center I heard the commentator say a player was "Absolutely Outstanding!" Is "Absolutely Outstanding" better than "Outstanding?" Is "absolutely Outstanding" better than being "great" or "terrific?"
To me it's like saying "Give me 110%!" I can "give you my all" or "100%" but that's everything. There is nothing greater than 100%. You never hear or read 110% real fruit juice! Or 110% beef! It's 100% or "all I have!"

I know, "way" to much time on my hands, "way" to much thinking! I guess "way to much thinking" is more than just thinking!

Can you think of other examples?

MAN-CANDLES?

Seriously, if you have Mandles burning in your house, I will question your "manhood!" The only time a candle gets let in my house is if the electric goes out and the batteries in my flashlight are dead!
Correct me if I'm wrong, if you went to a single mans house and he was burning candles of any type wouldn't you question his "manhood?" Drop me a comment and let me know.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I know a lot of guys that have candles in their houses, and I've never thought of them as being less-manly because of it. HOWEVER..it's been proven that my man-judgement isn't the greatest either...maybe this should be my first sign! Stay away from the candle-lovin' men!

July 28, 2008 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Gary Kuhn said...

The only thing burning at this "single" guys house is a frozen pizza in a dirty oven!

July 28, 2008 at 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of those people that would say 'Absolutely Outstanding, and although I don't think it applies to this situation...I do think you can give 110%. If you do your job and then some wouldn't that qualify because maybe you did 10% over and above...right?!

Oh and I'll have to write to the company for ya Gary and get you a Mandle of burnt frozen pizza, I'm sure it smokes much less! lol

July 28, 2008 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Well.........if it's a flower candle, than I would be suspicious that your a little.....eh.... Jim Davis. LMAO!!! But if it's a more subtle sent lit in the bathroom as a sweet guesture to cover up the smell of anus (Andy of course) than I would say it's more than acceptable! :D

July 28, 2008 at 2:42 PM  
Blogger Gary Kuhn said...

Misty, If you mean you're doing your work then helping others you're still giving 100%. You can't total the effort you put into each individual task and say that's you percentage of effort... If you mix fresh strawberries and grapes it's not 200% real fruit!

July 28, 2008 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Gary Kuhn said...

Leah,

What if the smell of anus is the candel scent I'm going for?

July 28, 2008 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Hey if you wanna smell like ass that's great!!! (In fact, I happen to know that you do on a regular basis!!) Just don't expect to score any points with the ladies!!! Lol! Love you Gary!!! :D

July 28, 2008 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

This post was absolutely, out of this world, blow your mind outstanding!!!

July 28, 2008 at 4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUT...If I do my work and 10% of yours...doesn't that mean I'm doing 110%?!!

July 28, 2008 at 4:23 PM  
Blogger Gary Kuhn said...

Misty,

If you want to add your total percentage of work then you must also divide by the number of jobs.

in your case, if you did 100% to your job then just 10% of someone elses work you're total average percentage of work that day was just 55%...slacker!

July 28, 2008 at 4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Sniff, sniff* ...Well I think I'll leave now, I see how loved I am!!!

July 28, 2008 at 5:04 PM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

Technically GK, if she's doing 10% of YOUR work, than that would make YOU the slacker, right?

(girlpowah Misty :)

July 29, 2008 at 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooooo!!! *High-five August!!!*

July 29, 2008 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Gary Kuhn said...

Well ladies, its obvious I have 110% more work to do than Misty and that's why she had to help me.

July 29, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home