Sunday, July 20, 2008

Random weekend observations

I really like "sea salt and pepper" kettle cooked potato chips! I ate a whole bag in one day this weekend!

Smokers who just toss their cigarette butts out their car windows or flick them onto the ground really irritate me.
I understand, your out in public and there is no ashtray and you really don't want to toss the butt of your cigarette into a garbage can so you throw it on the ground. It still annoyes me! Maybe I should invent a pocket type ashtray so when someone is done smoking they can pull it from their pocket or purse to throw their cigarette away.

Grown adults will knock you over for a free t-shirt!
At the after party of Saturday's Winking Lizard run they began throwing T-shirts from to top of the downtown restaurant. People were jumping over each other to get one of these free T-shirts.
We adults have our limits though. When they ran out of T-Shirts and started tossing key chains, not as much pushing.

It's late July and my grass is still green!

One more...Crayons will melt in the heat and it's almost impossible to get it out of your car seat once they do melt!

If you observed something you liked or disliked this weekend, be sure to share! I will even read them during my radio show 7pm-midnight on STAR 97.1 Ashtabula!

Thanks for reading and thanks for listening!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacquie said...

Speaking of cigarettes, I saw a few smokers with bibbs on at the race? How in the world can you possibly be a smoker and a runner?

Why is chocolate milk the perfect post workout snack? It's loaded with fat packing high fructose corn syrup (sorry as you can see from my blog, I'm a little obsessed with finding chocolate milk sans hfcs ;)

Why do restaurants serve such large portions? I got some pasta on Sunday and I was already full after my bread and salad. I took the rest home. I swear that my leftovers will make 3 full servings.

I said this on my blog already but when they were tossing stuff off the roof, we, the people on the ground, kinda reminded me of a bunch of dogs playing fetch. Did you see the way the dude was tossing them? I bet he was thinking the same thing.

Goo gone helps get crayon out of seats. Get a bottle, spray it on and let it sit there for a while. It will remelt the crayon. Then take an old cleaning cloth and wipe it up. You may have to do it a couple times. Can you tell I'm experienced?

I've been discovering since last spring that Madison has a pretty good population of runners. Maybe we are a healthier city than I thought. Now if we can only get some healthier choices in restaurants??? Haha... like that's ever going to happen. I think we need a few more dollar stores and cash advance places first.

July 21, 2008 at 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Ok, yeah, the cigarette thing kinda irritates me, we were just talking about this at work the other day. Don't you also just love it when those people sit in Wal-Mart's parking lot and empty the ashtray from their car onto the ground as if the world is their personal garbage can! Don't get me wrong, i'm no 'green freak' but come on! Let's not be pigs!

As far as weekend observations...

1.)I absolutely love when middle-aged women with too much make up, their 18 year old's clothes and the attitude of a super model feel compelled to show off their georgous 'beer bellies.' BLLLAAAHHH! Don't get me wrong, I may not look like Ms. Fashion queen but COME ON! If I wanted to see your nasty belly I'd ask (but don't count on it)!

2.)On Saturday I went to GOTL and was priveledged enough to witness someone that might quite possibly be as bad of a driver as me...This motorcycle ridin' poppa pulled out of a parking area and onto the street, and as he attempted to turn onto the main street PLOP!...Mysteriously half of his bike was now sitting on the ground and the other half was oh so nicely propped on the rear panel of a pretty lil' Cadillac! Oops! Now THAT had to be embarassing! Once others around him helped him and his poor passenger up, off he went...and boy was his face about 10 shades of red!...

3.)Speaking of which...I also observed how busy people look while they are pumping gasoline into their cars. Maybe they're mourning while they insert the rest of their life's savings into their tank, or maybe they're thinking about Sea Salt and pepper chips (lol), but none the less they seem VERY focused...UNTIL some idiot drives over the curb while entering the drive way! Wouldn't you know that immediately every person in that station had their sole attention directed at me! Ugh! I think that Pilot owes me...I'm sure a bunch of people put a few extra bucks in their tanks because they were too busy watching my beautiful stunt!

GK-maybe you should have ran over a curb or tipped over a motorcycle in Cleveland Saturday, you would have gotten attention for sure!

Oh, and wanna know what else I observed? The people reading this blog aren't commenting...come on...meander on out here, we don't bite! I promise!

July 21, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home