Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thursday 7/24/08

Greener eating at college campuses...and I'm not talking green veggies.

With rising food and fuel prices, colleges and universities, including Case Western Reserve University, Hiram College, John Carroll University, and Oberlin College are following a national trend to reduce food waste and energy by removing cafeteria trays or discouraging their use.

The theory is, students are more likely to get the foods they will finish because they will think twice about carrying three or four plates thus reducing food waste. Plus less trays to wash means you're also conserving water.

You buying this yet...

No trays means more spills which leads to more paper towels being used. Now what?

OK, so let me ask you...What are you doing to be "GREEN?" Are you useing the canvas grocery bags or do you at least have them but always forget them in the car when you go shopping? Do you recycle? Post a comment and let me know how you are "going green."

Then there is this story.

The head of a prominent cancer research center in Pittsburgh has issued a warning to his staff to limit cell phone use because of possible risk of cancer.

See, this is why I text message, I'm being healthy!

Now, if I eat high fibered cereal while talking on my cell phone...

Post and comment and let me know if this will stop you or at least limit your use of the cell phone?



And you've got to check out this parody of the new WII FIT!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, really, I'm doing nothing about 'going green.' I try to be courteous to the environment but I'd have to say I don't go out of my way by using canvas bags or anything of that sort.

July 25, 2008 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Gary Kuhn said...

Susan, your cabon footprint is a size 10!

July 25, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home