Thursday, September 25, 2008

THURSDAY 9/25




Things I had to do that my kids won't.


  • Try to record favorite song off the radio.
    • I remember waiting, for what seemed like forever to hear my favorite song, with play, record, pause depressed tape recorder. Now, you just download the song off the Internet onto your ipod or mp3 player.

    • Look something up in an encyclopedia.
      • Wiki, all I need to say!

      • Pass a note in the school hallway.
        • With text messaging, do kids pass notes anymore?

        • Rewind a video.
          • With DVD's there is no need to rewind!

            • Sit thru another losing season with the Cleveland Browns...no wait, they will do that!

            Drop a comment to add more to the list.





            Getting ready for my second marathon!



            I'm about four weeks away from running the Columbus, Ohio Marathon. I can train for the 26.2 mile run all I want but I'm not sure if I can train for this!














            That would stink...literally!



            It's the economy stupid!

            Networkworld.com has a list of things you could buy with $700 billion, the amount of money the President has proposed spending to rescue the finacial market. (click on link to see full list)

            56,000 Victoria Secret diamond and ruby encrusted bras (Cost = $12.5 million each)

























            12 Bill Gates (Net worth = $58 billion each)























            700 billion items from the McDonald's dollar menu (Cost = $1 each)

            5 Comments:

            Anonymous Anonymous said...

            Oh my gosh! Yeah, yeah, I have tons of those bras!

            (lol jk)

            September 25, 2008 at 4:16 PM  
            Anonymous Anonymous said...

            Ahhh! Look at that runner, that's nasty!

            September 25, 2008 at 4:16 PM  
            Anonymous Anonymous said...

            Disgusting Man. Just Disgusting

            September 25, 2008 at 4:17 PM  
            Blogger Jacquie said...

            ewww. I couldn't really see the pic that good. Grody.

            I still say you should do the Akron Marathon on Saturday instead ;) I'm going to do my fastest time ever. I'll have GK in my head reminding me to GO BERSERK!!!

            September 25, 2008 at 7:36 PM  
            Blogger Jacquie said...

            PS...those comments about the things kids don't have to do that we did... so true and so funny. I wish my head wasn't so foggy right now because I could probably come up with some more. I bet soon, kids are going to wonder what we are talking about when we say "I don't mean to sound like a broken record but...." What's a record mom??? We'll have to change it to, "I don't mean to sound like a scratched CD but...."

            September 25, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

            Post a Comment

            Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

            << Home