Wednesday, September 17, 2008

StudyLogic interviewed 1,500 people on behalf of Sheraton Hotels & Resorts as part of its first Global Out-of-Office Day (G.O.O.D.), which was held Monday.

the concept is that professionals no longer need to be at the office to be highly productive. The question is, is that necessarily a good thing? So Sheraton asked StudyLogic to produce a work/life balance study and here are the results;


85% of U.S. professionals surveyed said that because of new technology, they feel compelled to be connected to work 24/7

81% say they work harder than they did five years ago

84% say they check their PDA's just before going to bed and as soon as they wake up

85% say they check their PDAs in the middle of the night

80% say they check their e mail before morning coffee

87% of professionals bring their PDA into the bedroom

77% say their PDA helps them enjoy life more

And this is the big one....

35% say if forced to choose, they'd pick their PDA over their spouse!!

Then there is this story...

Police in northern Nigeria have arrested a Muslim preacher who has 86 wives.

I'm thinking this guy needs a BlackBerry!


POLITICS..kinda


OK, with all this election stuff going on it's time to vote on your favorite movie President. Here's a list, add to it if you need to.

Michael Douglas, The American President



Harrison Ford, Air Force One
Morgan Freeman, Deep Impact
Bruce Greenwood, National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Kevin Kline, Dave
Henry Fonda, Fail -Safe
Bill Pullman, Independence Day


Peter Sellers, Dr. Strangelove
Spencer Tracy, State of the Union
Billy Bob Thornton, Love, Actually
John Travolta, Primary Colors (Yeah, we all know he’s a version of a real president, but strictly speaking, it still qualifies as fiction.’)




KISS EXPO!

Remember the rock band, KISS? They were my first ever favorite rock band. I had Kiss folders, Kiss trading cards, lunch boxes, anything everything KISS.

I am pleased and excited to tell other KISS fans that there will a KISS expo in Dayton, Ohio on October 11th. Go to kissonline.com for more information.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't exactly consider myself a 'professional' that title brings to my mind more of a president/ceo of a company. However, I still feel the strain of being accessible to my employer 24/7. The past two evenings I've received calls from co-workers after 9 pm. Heck! I have a personal cell phone and a work cell phone but I don't know that there's a difference because if someone from work calls my work cell and I don't answer they just call my personal one!

September 17, 2008 at 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you know Gary- the black berry doesn't nag, make you lists or burn your dinner!

September 17, 2008 at 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my Steve! Your going to get in trouble for that one!

September 17, 2008 at 2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To answer your question, I don't think it is a good thing! This can't possibly be healthy for our families to be constantly tied to work, and not focused during family times.

For work on the other hand, I assume it is a good thing. I suppose the more important question is what is more important to that individual!

September 17, 2008 at 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish Arnold Schwarzneger could be president! Really!

KISS!!! SMOOCH!

September 17, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home