Sunday, July 13, 2008

I FEEL USED!!

Yesterday a female friend, to get even with an ex-boyfriend used me. I’m not sure if she just wanted to make him jealous or show she can move on without him, either way I was used.

Now the question is should I be upset at this person for what I feel was done?

Here’s the story. I got a text message from a long time friend Wednesday of last week asking if I wanted to hang out with her on Sunday. I said “sure, when and where.” She said, “it’s a surprise” and would tell me Sunday morning.
This girl happens to be my first and most serious high school romance. We dated on and off thru out our high school days so, we know each other well.

This girl loves to play soccer and I knew somehow soccer would be involved and that was fine, because I enjoy watching her play. She’s very competitive, which is appealing to me. So on Sunday morning when she said to meet her and the North Olmstead soccer fields, I wasn’t surprised.
It was when I got to the soccer fields and realized her ex-boyfriend was also on her soccer team I was surprised and began to wonder why I was there.
In between halves is when I realized why I was there. At half time my female friend told me, one of the girls on the team was her ex-boyfriends new fling, girl-toy or whatever you what to call her.

See, I was used!!

Now here’s the thing, should I be upset that I was used? Part of me says yes, I should be upset because I’m not sure if I would have been invited otherwise. Our friendship would have continued, as it was, thru text messages and email. Now I wonder what she really wants from me.

On the other hand, if she would have told me she needed to use me to make someone jealous or whatever, I would have went and watched her play and served her purpose.

I ask you blogers and listeners or STAR 97.1 in Ashtabula Ohio should I be upset? Did my friend do anything wrong?

To help you make an informed answer, here are answers to questions you may have.


Until recently, when I got divorced her and I had not had contact for 15-years.

Since we started communicating in January we’ve only been able to meet up in person twice. Once was for a couple drinks then I went and watched her play soccer the other was during one of her children soccer games.

WhY only twice in 6-moths? Because of distance, she lives in Parma and I live in Perry and our family lives and the fact we both have active kids and our own active lives…and oh yeah, until recently she was dating someone.

Am I attracted to her? Sure. We have both expressed our attraction toward each other.



If you have other question please ask, I look forward to your comments.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, did you guys do anything after the soccer game? I mean, did you go out for coffee or did you just go home. More details. Talk to you in the morning.

July 13, 2008 at 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, now that I have more info, and found out there was no after-soccer-game date..... YES, you were used. Someone her age should know better. That is something I would expect out of someone in their late teens, early 20's... very immature!!! She completely disrespected you. I say, she blew it with GK!!! Her loss!

July 14, 2008 at 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'd deffinately say that from the outside looking in she deffinately used you! If those were not her intentions then she's sure got a strange way of showing you how much she appreciates your friendship!

On a brighter note...If I wanted to use someone to get back at my ex (which I wouldn't simply because of the immature nature of it) I'd be sure to use one hell of a good-looking, well-to-do hottie!...Doesn't seem so bad now does it?!

July 15, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home