Monday, October 20, 2008

WEEKEND OBSERVATIONS:

How did we ever drive anywhere without a phone and GPS? I drove to Columbus over the weekend I think I was on my cell phone almost the whole 3-hours there and back. Made the ride so much nicer since I was able to catch up with family and friends.

Most comforting was the security of knowing help, should you break down along the side the road, was a cell phone call away! I guess, back in the day you just didn't think about it and if you broke down you hoofed it to the next exit.

The GPS. Sure you can print out maps to where your going but if your alone it sure is hard to read and drive all at the same time. The Rand Mcnalley way is good if you have a co-pilot. GPS puts the map in front of you and tells you where to turn...SWEET!

Governor Sarah Palin was on SNL over the weekend, I missed the show but the clips I've seen are funny, like this Sarah Palin rap.



By the way, Governor Palin's vist to SNL earned the show its highest ratings in 14-years!


Say What?

If you ever find yourself having to provide CPR to someone...just sing the Bee-gees tune "Staying Alive" to get you thru!

The American Heart Association calls for chest compressions (CPR) to be given at a rate of 100 per minute "Stayin' Alive" almost perfectly matches that, with 103 beats per minute.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I really wish I could have seen Gov. Palin on Saturday night, I'm sure it was awesome! But that clip sums it up!

October 20, 2008 at 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our society is so reliant on technology to function. It's rather amazing how you can't imagine functioning without such things too. Seems like just a few years ago only executives and such had cell phones, heck! Now if you don't have one your considered poor!

Techonology is almost addicting!

October 20, 2008 at 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right Gary, life is so busy now that's about the only time you have to catch up with family and friends, in the car on the cell phone! Amazing where we've come!

October 20, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home